HFW May 2012: Day 2 - Favourite Hijab

11 comments
So the theme for Hijabi Fashion Week Day 2 is to create an outfit inspired by your favourite hijab.

Now, my favourite hijab has to be this one. The Pearl Daisy Princess Rafi hijab. I love the colours and the paisley floral design, not to mention that pretty much goes with most (if not all) of my abaya's and outfits. It's the essential black hijab that's just a little different. This hijab can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion/event. The size is perfect, not to wide or narrow, nor too long/short. And it's not too stiff or heavy, which makes it great for wearing during Spring time (and possibly during Summer, especially if it's a typically British one!). This hijab has been worn so many times that there are little holes where I have continuously pinned the hijab down in the same place (it's one of the signs of a favourite hijab!).


And here's a quick outfit that was put together this morning =)


[photo credit to my sister]

Princess Rafi Hijab: Pearl Daisy
Purple Stripe Abaya: Green Street
Rings: H&M
Lace Ballet Flats: Deichmann
Sunglasses: Primark


Check out the rest of the outfits from HFW participants here and check back tomorrow for Day 3 =)





x

11 comments:

  1. I totally totally totally agree with you. Such a modest and beautiful outfit and a great hijab. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I dread the day when this hijab is no longer wearable due to the number of holes =S

      Delete
  2. I love the color of your abaya, and the look overall! A friend of mine gifted me a hijab from Pearl-Daisy that's a great match with my abayas as well! It's just as you described, "the essential black hijab that's just a little different"!

    Thanks for taking part in Hijabi Fashion Week

    ♥ Wafa of LoveHFW.com

    [woops, double post!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JazakhAllah! I love coloured abayas =) I dread the day when I can no longer wear this hijab (and it has been taken off the site) =S

      Delete
  3. Love it! Everyone seems to be loving pearl daisy hijabs, I think I might need to snag a few for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pearl Daisy hijabs are great =) Especially the designs that you don't find in other hijab stores =D

      Delete
  4. Salam. The hijab looked so comfy and soft.. And i love the color as well, well matched with the abaya.. Lots of love, TPJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum Salaam! and the hijab is most definitely one the softest that I own =) x

      Delete
  5. black hijabs : AWRA London is a British brand established in 2012 with a solid spotlight on morals, manageability, quality and style. We are experts in enormous estimated hijabs only. Shop our assortment of maintainable Black hijabs

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)