HFW May 2012: Day 1 - Leaders in Hijab

11 comments
Hijabi Fashion Week May 2012 has officially started and the theme for today is Leaders in Hijab!
So, what leadership roles do I have, and how do I dress for them? Well, you may know that I'm planning on becoming a teacher i'A, and as a way of preparing myself I'm currently a volunteer at a local primary school. As a volunteer, I don't have the authority and power of the teacher (or the headteacher), but I still have a significant role in the classroom to be a good role model. Obviously, working with younger children, it's a lot more appropriate to incorporate colour and prints into an outfit as this makes you more approachable (and less official looking, I think).

And here's my outfit to represent the theme =)

[photo credit to my sister]

Hijab: H&M
Lace band: Green Street
Blazer: H&M
Abaya: Queen's Market, Green Street
Satin Ballet Flats: Debenhams
Spotty...Mini Brooch Pin (on right side lapel, but can't be seen): Dramafree
Sunglasses: Primark



You can check out outfits from more HFW participants here =)




x

11 comments:

  1. I love your outfit. I think everything goes really well together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The abaya is perfect. Definitely an outfit for a woman in power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I need to buy a few more coloured abayas =)

      Delete
  4. Love the blazer. How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it was £29.99, but I had a voucher, so got £5 off =D

      Delete
  5. Great outfit and the blazer <3 i honestly need a blazer in my wardrobe lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your flats they look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)