A request to the blog readers

Leave a Comment
I'm hoping not to make it a habit to ask things of you, but if there is one thing that I would like for my blog readers to do, it would be to sign the e-petition regarding the trial of the British citizen Babar Ahmad. He has been detained without trial for 7 years and is currently fighting extradition to the USA (even though he is a British citizen, not an American one).
I am not saying he is innocent or guilty but my only point is that he should face trial in the UK. Under Article 6 of European Convention of Human Rights, a person has a right to have a fair trial with presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty).

If the petition receives 100'000 signatures before 10th November 2011, the issue at hand will be debated in the House of Commons. You can find the petition HERE.

Also, for more information about the case of Babar Ahmad, I recommend the following articles and websites.

www.freebabarahmad.com
Cage Prisoners: Babar Ahmad Campaign
Independent newspaper article (UK National Newspaper)

I hope you all take the chance to sign the petition.

"...Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother..."[Muslim]



x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment =)