MAC lipstick collection - Swatches and Review

6 comments
If you had seen my lipstick collection a few months ago (June/July), you would have noticed that I didn't own any MAC lipsticks. Not because I had anything against them, but mostly because I wasn't a keen lipstick wearer and also, the sheer amount of shades and finishes available from MAC made it impossible for me to choose which one I liked the most. Fast forward to today, and I am the owner of 3 MAC lipsticks. Here are the shades that I have, swatched and reviewed =)



Thanks to my not so great camera, the colours show up pretty similar, but they are actually different

The order of the colours in the picture above
 
Twig - This would be considered my first purchased MAC lipstick, which I bought in September (as mentioned in my beauty product haul). A satin finish lipstick, Twig is described as a soft muted brownish-pink, I find this the perfect everyday colour. In fact this one lives in my bag and moving between bags so that I am always carrying it around.

Viva Glam III - This has a matte finish and is described by MAC as a muted brownish-plum. I recieved this as one of my graduation presents, and was the first MAC lipstick in my makeup collection. This is a colour that I had picked out ages ago as I had swatched it a number of times in the MAC store and stated that it would be my first MAC lipstick purchase (see Instagram for proof of this). This is colour that is darker than a colour I would usually go for but it just appeals to me.

Captive - This MAC lipstick is one that I won from Sam's giveaway a few weeks ago (thank you Sam!). When she contacted me, I had actually forgotten what colour I had noted in the comments on her blog. Captive is also satin finish lipstick and it's described as a pinkish-plum colour.


(click for a bigger image)

And that's the end of my little MAC lipstick collection (which I think will be growing as time goes on). I prefer the satin finishes over any other MAC lipstick finishes (no idea why, it's just personal preference). I am a big fan of neutral and everday colours that can be worn with pretty much anything, as I prefer to focus attention on my eye makeup rather than my lips, but I'm tempted to try out some brighter and bolder colours (hence why the three lipsticks are pretty much just different shades in the same colour family).

What lip colours do you prefer? Any MAC shades (or any brand for that matter) that you suggest I try out?



x

6 comments:

  1. oh wowwww I love all of these! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mez! I have to admit, even though I'm not a lipstick fan, this is the beginning of a collection =)

      Delete
  2. I want to get my hands on twig xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twig is my favourite (probably because it's the first one I bought!) =P

      Delete
  3. You should totes try out Mac's velvet teddy in a matte finish. It's my absolute favourite make up product and great for everyday wear! I love that viva glam colour, tres lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely keep an eye out for Velvet Teddy! I think that's another popular shade! =)

      Delete

Feel free to comment =)