HFW Nov 2011 - Day 2

8 comments
Hobby/Recreation: Too many to name

Reading, Canvas Painting, Scrapbooking, Jewellery Making, Henna, Baking Cupcakes just to list a few! Basically all things creative =)

Here's a few of my current craft projects:

Decorated 'A' monogram

Mini Canvas

Scrapbooking my 18th birthday (a few years late!)


Recreational time for me means to relax and de-stress. This translates to a comfortable and casual outfit, which I don't mind getting a bit messy.

HFW 2011 Day 2


Here I've gone for a long sleeve t-shirt dress, dark wide-leg jeans and a pair of converse, paired with a polka dot hijab and woven friendship bracelets to accessorise. The outfit is also in one of my favourite colours, pink!

Check out the rest of the outfit entries for Day 2 here =)



x

8 comments:

  1. Your decorated 'A' monogram is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the A and the arabic calligraphy is beautiful Masha'Allah ! :)
    i would love to take it (arabic calligraphy) as a hobby - any beginner tips ?

    goldenamanah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Making it happen - thank you! and no tips as such but just to go with the flow. The canvas in the picture was done with acrylic paint and I used a thick flat brush =) I haven't taken any calligraphy classes, just inspiration from what people have already created (there are some amazingly talented artists out there!).

    I suppose one tip would be that you don't need to spend a fortune. My canvases are from the 99p/pound shops and so are the paint brushes. If anything, just buy decent quality acrylic paint (still doesn't have to be expensive though). Oh! and always draw/sketch the writing first before painting!

    Good luck with the calligraphy andwould love to see your work on your blog!

    Asmaa

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thnk you for the tips and I'm even more motivated knowing you haven't even taken classes Masha'Allah & i won't have to pay a fortune lol :)
    I'm definitely going to make time to pursue this as a long term goal & if good enough, then hopefully post up work on my blog in sha Allah :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s any artists you would recommend ?
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Making it happen - Definitely give it a go! When I look for inspiration, I basically search Google images for 'islamic canvas art' or 'arabic canvas art'. The canvases are either painted or printed, and I these are great (especially if you're like me and have no clue how to do arabic calligraphy).
    I know on facebook there are quite a few people who sell bespoke canvases (again search for canvas art or something similar) which can be made according to design/colour specifications with various messages/names etc. Basically just have a browse at what others are doing and be inspired =)

    And there are so many different styles of arabic calligraphy to choose from =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks again, will definitely check out other styles as the only two i know are traditional and graffiti lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)