Three Product Makeup Routine - Foundation, Brows and Blush.

1 comment
I really should be prepping for the start of my second school placement but here I am blogging instead =)

Today's blog post is basically about how I've cut my everyday makeup routine down to three products. My aim is to (eventually) be comfortable not wearing any makeup on a daily basis but until then, these three products will suffice. With early starts and not much time to take a break during the day, I've reduced the number of products that I apply before going to uni/placement. These are the products that are essential for me.


- I'm a big mineral foundation lover, so my Bare Minerals Original Powder foundation is the first to be applied. I only buff a little onto my face, enough to even out my skin without looking heavy and cakey.
- The next step is probably the one that takes the longest and it's my brows. Thanks to a bad habit (pulling out my eyebrow hairs at random), my brows are quite sparse and need a little shaping and colour to make them slightly bolder and more 'brow-like'. I either use the Illamasqua Brow Powder (Gaze) or the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Dark Brown). Honestly, it just depends on how much time I have on that particular morning, as the pomade takes a bit longer to apply for a stronger brow, whereas the powder gives a softer look and doesn't take as long.
- The final step is to add a bit of colour on my face with blusher. At the moment, I'm loving the Bourjois Little Round Pot (16 Rose Coup De Foudre), which is a soft pink with subtle golden shimmer. Seeing as I do rub my eyes quite a bit during the day, I avoid eyeliner and mascara, and only apply a lipbalm to keep my lips moisturised.

I'm actually quite happy that my everyday face only needs three products. I do like wearing make-up, but for university and school placements, the bare minimum is perfectly acceptable (as long as I don't look like I've been up all night/only just woken up/any other reason here). And that means that I can have a few extra minutes in bed. Now if only I could minimise the amount of useless stuff I carry in my bag!



x

1 comment:

  1. wow that's so good!
    I've been going out with much less makeup too recently, my 3 musts are: concealer, brow product and mascara.. I can skip blush/contour tbh, just need my eyes to look awake loll!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)